Veterans' Upward Bound (VUB) is funded by a grant through the US Dept. of Education and is charged with providing educational and support services to veterans. It is intended to encourage and assist veterans in pursuing post-secondary education and training. It is the only Federal education program specifically created to serve the needs of veterans.
VUB provides personalized assistance to help veterans improve academic skills, explore college and training programs, and enjoy a smoother transition from their military service into whatever comes next.
Montana's VUB is an extensive statewide program of FREE instruction and support services:
- In-class, on-campus college preparatory instruction in eight Montana cities.
- Live streaming online classes to expand statewide offerings.
- Customized workshops to fit tight schedules and deliver focused instruction.
- Online, self-paced instruction for veterans who desire to improve their skills at home on their schedule.
- College application assistance: admissions, financial aid, veterans' education benefits & military transcripts.
- Academic and career counseling in-person (Billings only) or by phone.
- Referral services to other agencies and community service providers.
- Answers to just about any questions veterans may ask.
Our goal is to be the best first step for veterans making a career or life change or preparing to enter or re-enter college. We offer:
- High-quality educational services to prepare for post-secondary education, training or employment.
- Support services that will facilitate the transition into college or access to community resources and service providers.
- Reliable assistance from an experienced staff.
It's smart to start with VUB. Make VUB the first stop on the road to your future goals.
Please see look at our Program Catalog or Services for a brief description of our educational programs and our support services and Locations/Calendars for what is available in your community.
Contact us with any questions or request more information by completing an Inquiry form.