Veterans Upward Bound is funded by the U.S. Department of Education to assist veterans with their educational needs. Administered by Montana State University Northern in Havre Montana, VUB serves all Montana veterans. The staff at VUB is available to assist veterans in whatever way we can.
We are charged with assisting and preparing veterans to pursue higher education for training, we value education very highly and take seriously our responsibility to provide high quality instruction and excellent support services.
We respect the service of veterans and have a sensitivity to the challenges they face as they prepare to transition from soldier to civilian.
If we can find a way to provide training, instruction, support or referral, we will do it.
Montana's VUB is an extensive statewide program of FREE instruction and support services:
- In-class, on-campus college preparatory instruction in eight Montana cities.
- Live streaming online classes to expand statewide offerings.
- Customized workshops to fit tight schedules and deliver focused instruction.
- Online, self-paced instruction for veterans who desire to improve their skills at home on their schedule.
- College application assistance: admissions, financial aid, veterans' education benefits & military transcripts.
- Academic and career counseling in-person (Billings only) or by phone.
- Referral services to other agencies and community service providers.
- Answers to just about any questions veterans may ask.
Our goal is to be the best first step for veterans making a career or life change or preparing to enter or re-enter college. We offer:
- High-quality educational services to prepare for post-secondary education, training or employment.
- Support services that will facilitate the transition into college or access to community resources and service providers.
- Reliable assistance from an experienced staff.
I learned about Veterans Upward Bound when I was out processing from the Army. VUB helped me refresh my understanding of doing homework. It also comforted me in the process of going back to school.Student Testimonial